Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers, my friends, and family. This year, I have plenty to be thankful for.

First and foremost, I am thankful for the three beautiful children I was allowed to born into this world and that are happy and healthy today. Thank you Aden, Jonas, and Nyla, for allowing me to grow as your mother. For challenging my beliefs and your seemingly unaltered endurance during your father's lengthy deployments. Your steadfast outlooks and pride keeps me going when I want to curl up into the fetal position. Thank you for your smiles, your hugs, your kisses, and your love. I love you all, unconditionally, deeply, and forever.

I am thankful for my handsome husband who loves me dearly and has the kindest and most tenderhearted soul I've ever met. Thank you Jeff for always believing in me when I didn't have the courage to believe in myself. Thank you for giving me the room and space to grow into the person I needed to become. Thank you, for your unconditional love and support during the toughest time of my life. Thank you for being you and loving me. Thank you for making me your wife and never quitting on us. Thank you for the three wonderful children we created together. Thank you for the sacrifice you make for your country and your family.  I love you more than I could ever express in mere words.

I am thankful for my mother, who didn't have an easy job raising me. Thank you mom, for your wise advice, loving arms, and numerous phone calls. I'm not sure what I would do without you. Thank you, for being you. Thank you for letting me fall so I could pick myself up. Thank you for accepting me for me, never trying to change me, and supporting everything I've ever done in my life. Thank you for your forgiveness of a youth gone south. Thank you for bailing me out when I make mistakes, even though I am 33 years old this year. Thank you for the love you show your grandchildren and son in-law. You mean more to us than you know. I love you, mommy.

Thank you to the late Jack Gettys who taught me that words are sharper than knives. Thank you Jack, for loving my mother and treating her like the queen she is. Thank you for loving me, though you never had to and I never made it easy. Thank you for being in my life, for it is richer than I could ever let you know. I wish I had had the courage to tell you how much you mean to me, my children and my husband. You are missed greatly and my heart hurts knowing that you are not on this earth anymore. Your wise soul and energetic spirit will be with us always.

Thank you to all of my friends who have put up with me over the years. I'm not sure I would have made it through the multitude of deployments without you all. Thank you for babysitting my kids and listening to my endless chatter. Thank you for patience while I retreated into my soul for awhile. Thank you for always believing in me. Thank you for being you.

Thank you to my family, for you all are a part of who I am. You all helped shape me into who I am today. If it weren't for the pain, I wouldn't have learned. Experience is life's best teacher, so thank you all - each and everyone of you. Thank you to those who have always been there for me. Thank you to those of you who haven't. Thank you to everyone because we can't choose our family. I am blessed to have you all in my life.

As we all gobble up our turkeys, pies, potatoes, and pumkin desserts, let us all give thanks for the things in our life that keep us going. Those things, my friends, are the things that make us who we are.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment